
On another note, Michael Jackson was laid to rest today. His tribute dominated the morning into the afternoon. The last person to speak was his Daughter, Paris. Her small voice broke when she told us all how Daddy was the best Father ever. I believe her. And I will miss her father too. In spite of every weird bizarre thing he did, said or participated in, the man was genius incarnate...and for all accounts a heart more open than can be imagined.
I feel as conflicted about this as the stories about him are.
I will always remember being the little girl, stuck in Texas in front of the TV, wishing I could marry Michael Jackson. In my 6 year old daydreams, we’d dance at our wedding together, and everyone would applaud. I think I was not the only little girl who felt that way.
Michael Jackson made you feel like the world was indeed a very special place.
I loved to see him smile.
No comments:
Post a Comment